Today is International Left-Handers’ Day. Yay! A whole day set aside to celebrate the awesomeness of being a lefty!
So, for my part of the celebration, I’ve made another ridiculous YouTube video. It’s a bit long (nearly eight minutes), but check it out to learn all about my prized left-handed possessions!
Wasn’t that fun? But, moving on…
Some interesting things to ponder:
- Estimates vary on the percentage of left-handers in the world from a low of 5 percent to a high of 15 percent
- Left-handers are made with 100% pure awesomeness
- Left-handers are thought to have a higher likelihood of being dyslexic or of stuttering
- Most left-handers draw figures facing to the right
- Twenty percent of all Mensa members are left-handed
- Left-handers are 100% beautiful
- As seen from the North Pole, the Earth rotates to the left, counterclockwise, and proceeds to the left around the sun
- International Left Hander’s Day was first celebrated on August 13, 1976
- Everyone is born right handed, and only the greatest overcome it
- Left-handers are made with 100% pure awesomeness (that fact deserved repeating)
Wanna purchase left-handed things? Here are some great resources to check out*:
Oh, and since it’s my blog, I have to give a shout out to some of my favorite lefties!
- My Daddy, who taught me how to use my correct hand;
- My bestest friend, Rachel;
- My really cool nephew, Adrian;
- My really cool nephew, Stephen;
- My maternal uncles Fred and Joe;
- And my favorite lefty ever, my amazingly-awesome husband, Paul, who loved how excited I got about this day every year!
- (Oh, and a special mention to Ned Flanders and Kermit, too!)
So, again, Happy International Left-Handers’ Day!!
* I am merely providing links and cannot offer an endorsement on any of these outlets. I’ve never used them; I don’t receive any benefits from you using them. These were all found my searching the terms “left-handed products” in Google.