I am thankful
I’m spending the month of November reflecting on the good things in my life; the things I’m thankful for. Each day I will post my thankfulness on the left side of Just Frances, just under the block of photos. This page is the running list of those thankful things. (Read more about the reasoning for this project here.)
I’m also issuing a challenge to others to take time to think about those things they’re thankful for. And if you’re inclined to share them with me here, feel free to comment below—I’d love to hear from you!
I am thankful…
- For the love and support I’ve received from family, friends, and strangers over the past couple of years.
- Because I have a safe and warm place to sleep every night.
- For my nieces and nephews who remind me what it was like to be young.
- For the kindness of others.
- For handwritten letters from home that remind me how much I am loved.
- That I have wonderful in-laws who treat me like real family.
- For friends who just pop by on their way home from work.
- For the cooking lessons I received from my folks growing up, because it means I can cook almost anything!
- For easy and entertaining conversation with new friends.
- For the gift of hearing, because I can enjoy the sounds of music playing in the streets.
- For the service men and women who put their lives on the line to protect my way of life.
- Because I have the ability to walk and stand and move with relative ease.
- To live in a country that believes in free speech.
- For the right to an education.
- For the company of good friends.
- For the laughter of children.
- To live in a country with excellent medical care.
- For friends who make me laugh, even when I really want to cry.
- For hand-written cards from my nephews in America, because they make me smile for days after receiving them.
- For my faith and for my God, because it means there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.
- For friends who check in on me when they know I’ve not been well.
- For my Daddy, who is 67 years old today.
- For happy memories.
- That people across America will be taking time out of their hectic lives to give thanks with their family and friends today. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
- For nice meals out with good friends.
- For good friends to celebrate Thanksgiving with.
- For all of the happy memories I have of my amazing husband. Even though he’s no longer with me here on Earth, he is always with me in my memories.
- For beautiful flowers sent from wonderful new friends.
- For my broken heart, because it means I’ve loved.
- For my life.